Frequently Asked Questions
Most frequent questions and answers
Who is Set-N-Me-Free Aloe Vera Company?
Set-N-Me-Free Aloe Vera Company established a small salon in 1980 to provide healthy aloe vera products and services to the residents of Portland, Oregon. By 1985, we began full manufacturing of the complete line of aloe vera products. Now, we manufacture, educate, and distribute those healthy products worldwide. Set-N-Me-Free offers a variety of professional products for salon and spa services that can be customized to meet the needs of clients. Many specialized treatments are offered in a series that will give salon clients a pampering experience week after week.
Do you offer wholesale pricing for professionals in the beauty industry?
Yes, we offer professional prices for those who can provide information for their business. It is very simple to set up a wholesale account, we would need:
– Technician license
– Business name, address and phone number
– Business license
Additionally, if you work from home, we will need an Insurance Certificate for your business.
What's that ingredient?
– Aloe Vera Barbadensis: “An emollient botanical gum with hydrating, softening, healing, antimicrobial, and anti-inflammatory properties. Aloe Vera penetrates the skin, supplying moisture directly to the tissue,” per Milady’s Cosmetic Dictionary. Set-N-Me-Free aloe vera is grown organically in Southern California. Mature aloe vera leaves are chosen and harvested as they supply the highest concentration of natural enzymes that are the catalyst for penetration of Set-N-Me-Free Aloe products. The aloe leaves are then thinned to remove the naturally occurring aloin (also known as anthroquinone, aloe sap, aloe latex) that is not good for skin or ingestion. The inner leaf gel is pulverized and filtered to a liquid consistency. This is the base for all Set-N-Me-Free products. This ingredient contains less than 4/10 of 1% ppm of aloin.
– Citric Acid: Used as non-sensitizing preservative.
– Potassium Sorbate: A commonly used preservative primarily used in low concentrations (0.025-0.2%) to inhibit mold and yeast growth.
– Sodium Benzoate: A non-toxic organic salt preservative particularly effective against yeast, with some activity against molds and bacteria. Generally used in concentrations of 0.1-0.2%.
– Phenoxyethanol: A broad-range preservative with fungicidal, bactericidal, insecticidal, and germicidal properties. It has a relatively low sensitizing factor in leave-on cosmetics. Used in concentrations of 0.5-2.0% and in combination with other preservatives.
– Caprylyl Glycol: A plant extract preservative with skin conditioning properties. Often used as part of a preservative blend that meets current global standards.
– Ethylhexylglycerin: A glyceryl either used as a weak preservative and skin conditioning agent.
– Hexylene Glycol: An emulsifying agent used in the blend of preservatives that are paraben free.
– Aminoacetic Acid/Glycine: An amino acid used as a texturizer in cosmetic formulations. It makes up approximately 30% of the collagen molecule.
– Rosmarinum Officinalis: Rosemary
– Helianthus Anuus: Sunflower
– Metricaria Chamomilla: Chamomile
– Xanthum Gum: Also known as corn starch gum. Serves as a texturizer, carrier agent, and gelling agent in cosmetic preparations.
– Allantoin: A botanical extract derived from comfrey root that is said to have healing and soothing properties.
– Tocopheryl Acetate: Vitamin E
– Retinyl Palmitate: Vitamin A
– Eucalyptus Globulus Oil: Eucalyptus
– Eugenia Caryophyllus: Clove
– Mentha Piperita: Peppermint
– Cinnamonium Camphora: Camphor
– Methylparaben: One of the most frequently used preservative blends because of its very low toxicity & low sensitizing potential. Used to combat bacteria and molds. Non-Comedogenic. Any time it is in use it is only in small concentrations.
– Castor Oil: From the castor bean plant.
– Simmondsia Chinesis: Oil, waxes, and esters from the jojoba plant.
– Beeswax: Cera Alba is a natural substance obtained from bee hives.
– Candelilla Wax: Euphorbia Cerifera
– Cocoa Butter: Theobroma Cacao
– Tea Tree Oil: Distilled from the leaves of Melaleuca Alternifolia.
– Propylene Glycol: Next to Water, the most common moisture-carrying vehicle used in cosmetic formulations. Gives a pleasant feel with less “greasiness: than glycerin. Used as a humectant.
– Oryza Sativa: Rice bran
What sort of training do you offer for your Set-N-Me-Free Body Wraps?
We have put together a training manual and DVD that has trained many of our clients throughout the years. All professional packages include a training manual and DVD. It is easy to follow, and can be learned at your own pace. We offer 30-Minute University classes, in which we schedule a time that best works for your busy schedule, and discuss the topic that you are most interested in. The topic can range from how to use the product itself or how to boost retail sales. We also offer training classes here in Portland, Oregon. If this is something that you are interested give us a call and we can schedule a day and time that works best for our educator and yourself.
Shipping Damages, Discrepancies and Return Policy:
Set-N-Me-Free Aloe Vera Company takes the utmost care in packing shipments to ensure that all shipments arrive in excellent condition and contain the items you have ordered. Our packing procedures are regularly inspected by UPS. However, no matter how great the precautions taken, shipment can arrive in less than desirable conditions. To make sure that problems are handled as quickly and effectively as possible, please follow these guidelines when you find damage or missing items:
1. Damaged and/or missing items must be reported to Set-N-Me-Free Aloe Vera Company within 5 business days of delivery. This allows us to reship and make timely claims to shipping companies as needed.
2. Always keep the original box, packing material and damaged items. Even if there is no visible damage please call us before you dispose of the box(es). UPS frequently requires inspection of the damaged items before they will pay for damage/loss. Call us quickly to get the process rolling. We will let you know when you can discard these items.
3. If there are items listed on your invoice that are not in the box(es): First check with the person who opened the box to see if they removed anything before it was checked. Second, thoroughly check the packing materials for small items. Third, call us. We want to make sure you have what you need. Our warehouse has inspection processes throughout order filling but our staff is human and sometimes mistakes are made. Please have your packing slip/invoice with the account number ready for fastest service.
Return Authorization (RA#) is required to make a return. Product that has been out of our warehouse for more than 45 days is not eligible for return.
– In cases resulting from our error, a return service tag will be emailed to you. Upon receiving of the returned product a full refund will be issued and applied to the credit card used at the time of the purchase or to use toward the purchase of products.
– Credit will not be issued for merchandise that has been defaced, damaged, marked, stamped or priced in any way. Careful packing of all returns is customer responsibility (do no use newspaper to pack product as it leaves ink on containers). We recommend using a trackable shipping service for returns.
– The amount of credit is determined after the product is received in our warehouse and inspected.
– A restocking fee of 15% will be deducted from credits issued for returns not due to error.
– Customer is responsible for shipping cost of returned product.
– If a COD shipment is refused or returned because funds are not available within 3 delivery attempts, the original freight, COD fee and return freight must be paid before any additional orders can be shipped. In addition, future shipments will be on a prepay status.
This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Set-N-Me-Free Aloe Vera Co. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
1. What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
2. What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
3. The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
4. How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of your organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to ship an order.
In order to use this website, a user must first complete the registration form. During registration a user is required to give certain information (such as name and email address). This information is used to contact you about the products/services on our site in which you have expressed interest. At your option, you may also provide demographic information (such as gender or age) about yourself, but it is not required.
We request information from you on our order form. To buy from us, you must provide contact information (like name and shipping address) and financial information (like credit card number, expiration date). This information is used for billing purposes and to fill your orders. If we have trouble processing an order, we’ll use this information to contact you.
Your access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
– See what data we have about you, if any.
– Change/correct any data we have about you.
– Have us delete any data we have about you.
– Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Surveys & Contests
From time-to-time our site requests information via surveys or contests. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you may choose whether or not to participate and therefore disclose this information. Information requested may include contact information (such as name and shipping address), and demographic information (such as zip code, age level). Contact information will be used to notify the winners and aware prizes. Survey information will be used for purposes of monitoring or improving the use and satisfaction of this site.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and look for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.